Saturday, September 18, 2010

I've trained in the martial arts since 1984. It has been quite a journey. There have been physical ups and downs that have taken me from the heights of enjoyment at my abilities to do certain things and which have given me to long periods of therapeutic recovery. I am emerging from one of those prolonged stages of recovery right now.

I have come through some rather lengthy knee problems which seem to be healing up nicely. Then there is the hip problem from when I was knocked off a loading ramp at work by a piece of motorized equipment. That has pretty much healed up too. I have given my self more time that was probably necessary to heal, but I know that my own impatience to return to training could betray my common sense. It can be hard to put off doing something you tend to like a great deal.

Sometimes I think that there is as much to be gained from going through the waiting periods between times of training as there is in the training times.

No comments: